Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

For me the Fourth of July is the epitome of summer. It is a day (or two) where we get together with friends, swim, have cookouts and hopefully watch fireworks. That is how we are going to celebrate today.

Zoey and I at the Baseball game
Last night we also celebrated by enjoying America's favorite pastime. I mean how much more American can you get than Baseball? We had a great time at or local minor league baseball field of the Riverdogs. Zoey loves the baseball games and so do I. Honestly, I only partially watch the game, but I have a great time with friends. Zoey loves the mascot, a puppy, a watching him around the stadium the entire game. 

Cool Girl Zoey!
Last night, the even of July Fourth, was a special treat because we were able to watch fireworks! I wasn't sure how she would react because we never saw fireworks last year. But she loved it! She covered her ears (I can't blame her for that, fireworks used to scare me as a kid because of the loud booms), but she loved the colors lighting up the sky. Afterwards she told me, "Mommy, so pretty, up in the sky!"

Zoey's favorite picture of the fireworks.
I hope you have a wonderful day and a great time celebrating our country and each other. 

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment