Friday, May 31, 2013

Pray for All Believers Everywhere (Ephesians 6:18 - Day 5)

Ephesians 6:18 -- "Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."

photo credit
This is the final day in this series about Ephesians 6:18. This is a very powerful verse containing lots of wisdom so I wanted to spend this week breaking it down. This last devotion has a run down of the other four in it so I won't waste time here. So lets jump in...

"Pray for All Believers Everywhere"

God hears all prayers, but when you intercede for others, you are boosting their needs above your own, which is the meaning of humble prayer. I believe God smiles down when we show love for others, especially through prayer -- it means we are learning what He is teaching and like any parent, that makes for a proud papa.

Ephesians 1:16 -- "I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly."

Paul speaks simply in this verse in a  way we can truly understand. I thank God for you and I pray for you. I mean, how much more can a person mean to us by using those words? It is so powerful because it is more than just the words, it is the action they imply. I humble myself and thank God that you are in my life, I take myself out of focus and I pray with my heart, mind and soul that God will bless you!

Jesus' new covenant included two main commandments -- love God and love your neighbor. If we can thank God and pray for others we are walking in His light. If this becomes our focus we can do anything.

This simple task is not easy, but it is what God has called us to do. It is our purpose and it betters our life.

Ephesians 6:18 -- "Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."

Pray in the Spirit, with all your heart. Pray all the time no matter what. Stay alert and be weary of what's surrounding you. Be persistent in prayer -- never stop praying. Pray for others and show God's love to the fallen world we live in.

In all that you do pray because God wants to know you and for you to know Him. Keep the line of communication open and you will be amazed at what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment