Monday, May 13, 2013

We Suffer Now, But Not Forever

Romans 8:18 -- "Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later."

photo credit
We all suffer. We live in a broken world and we all have sinful hearts -- suffering is inevitable. However, you do not suffer alone! Jesus is by your side through all of your pain and trials.

It is true we suffer, but that is not the end of the story!

Revelation 1:17-18 -- "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."

Jesus died on the cross for our sins claiming victory over the world. Jesus reveals in the end that he is alive and He holds the keys of death and the grave. We suffer now, but not forever. Jesus has conquered sin and death will no longer have a sting. There is no need to fear because we are under the right hand of Jesus and when the day comes for the final judgment we will be by His side when He conquers the grave forever.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for sending your son to gain victory over sin and to obtain the keys of death and the grave. I praise you that my suffering is only temporary and that I will stand alongside Jesus as He conquers death forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment