Thursday, August 13, 2009

Today is Zoey's Due Date

Today is Zoey's due date and with that hallmark comes a whole range of emotions. We've been ready for her to come for almost 2 weeks, so it is a little disappointing that the day is here and we still have no baby. On the other hand, I feel like the pressure is gone. That seems opposite to me, that there should be pressure now that the baby is "late," but not for me. I kept thinking she was going to come early and now that she made her due date, she can come whenever she wants. Besides, she won't be late for another 2 weeks and we will definately have her before then.

We have an induction date set for Aug. 21 (the 41st week of gestation), so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I would love for her to come on her own sooner than that, but one way or another she will be born one week from now. That is a relief to me. I have concluded that I am no good with anticipation, so having a countdown is very good for the mommy. Even Stephen is a little on edge, at least he jumps every time I say ow. This was especially funny when I stumped my toe in the bedroom and he came running asking if I had a contraction.

I actually did have a contraction today...at least I think I did. At least I felt a lot of pressure on my cervix accompanied with pain. She might have just moved funny, it might have been a braxton-hix or it could have actually been a real contraction - I don't really know. Nonetheless, I take it as a good sign, at least she knows she can't say couped up in my belly forever. It can't be comfortable all squished like she is. I know my abdomen as a kickboxing bag isn't very comfortable.

AGM
8.13.09

No comments:

Post a Comment