Friday, October 28, 2011

Pinterest 10/28

I don't know if you have heard of Pinterest, but for me, it is one of the coolest places to find crafts, pictures and recipes. It is so much fun to look through when you want to relax for a few minutes (or hours). And you even get to see what your friends "pin" too!

I see all kinds of things on Pinterest that sparks my interest, but I selected only a few to talk about here. It is fun to share ideas and lots of pretty things.

#1: Passageway to the sea: Isle of Crete, Greece

Link to Post
I love this view. It makes the feel like the sea is a secret to be shared with others who appreciate it. There is something so majestic about the seas that is captured in this shot. It would be a beautiful place to visit one day. I'll put it on my world tour wish list. 

#2 Crock-pot Mexican Dinner: Bag of frozen chicken in the crock pot. Put the cream cheese, corn, rotel and black beans on top and let it go for 6-8 hours on low. You can shred when done or leave the chicken whole.

The Larson Lingo
This is such a delicious and easy recipe. To get the whole recipe follow the link under the photo. I am on a Mexican food kick and this is making me hungry right now. It is also great for those days you are busy, just put it all together in the morning and dinner is waiting for you when it's time to eat. How much better can it be?

#3: Math Activity

Pre-K Pages

This idea is really cool, to use dice to learn numbers. The gingerman would be pretty cool around Christmas/Winter time, but I would like to take it even a step further. I think playing bingo with the same idea would be a good way to learn numbers. There would have to be some modifications because you need more than just six numbers. But that could be as simple as using two (or three) dice or using the same numbers over and over again with the rule you can only count it once. I would have to try that to see if it would actually work like I see it in my head, but it is a the dice and marker idea is still a great one.

#4 Egg Carton Bats (And Leaf Ghosts)

Happy Clippings

In the spirit of Halloween, I've enjoyed all of the great craft ideas. This one in particular really stood out to me because it is so easy and so cute. It takes nothing for us to go through a carton of egg and, as a crafter, paint, ribbon and googly eyes are things that are always lying around. I love the ghost leaves too. The leaves are starting to fall and leaf crafts are some of my favorite. This is a new take that I haven't thought of before. There might just be leaf ghosts around this house through Christmas. Maybe then we can make leaf elves. Hmmmm.....

#5 Polka Dot Pumpkin: use a drill to make a polka dotted carved pumpkin

Strawberry Chic

I love Halloween and the idea of carving pumpkins; however, I will be the first to say that I am NO good at it. I love to scoop out all the guts, but getting through the skin to make pretty faces just gives me a headache and a sprained wrist. So this idea really appeals to me. I can use a drill fairly well and the finished product is really pretty. Won't that look lovely on our front stairs this weekend?

So there you have it. That is only a few things that are awesome in Pinterest. There are plenty more where that came from. If you need an invite let me know, it's so easy to get started. And to be honest, it is so much looking at all the wonderful ideas, who knows, you might even use a couple :)




1 comment:

  1. WOW! that is just so cool! i just checked it out and I love it instantly! i love the strawberry dipped in yogurt and froze, lol!

    ReplyDelete