Wednesday, March 12, 2014

When Life Seems Overwhelming...

photo credit
Last week I had a day that was completely overwhelming. Have you ever had a day like that? One where nothing seems to go right and everything takes 10 times the amount of energy as it should? That was my day and it most definitely hasn't been the first one.

When I have days like that, I tend to get very discouraged. I become insecure in whatever it is that seems hard, I become overly sensitive about what others think of me and I begin to question what I'm doing in the first place. This brings up the question of whether I'm doing anything worthwhile to begin with.

Sometimes these are good questions to ask. They can help direct us to find the right way to go, the way God has called us to go. However, these questions can also be very destructive. For me, on this day, these questions were tearing me up. And it wasn't a moment when I needed to question what I was doing, it was a moment when I knew I was walking faithfully in God's calling. So why was I breaking down?

photo credit
I was being attacked. It wasn't a physical attack, though I have to admit there were a few moments when it felt like it. Instead, it was a spiritual attack. It was Satan pushing my buttons like only he knows how. He was making my question God's calling for me, one that had been confirmed in many different ways. My enemy brought out all of my insecurities, especially with relating to other people. He made me feel like I wasn't good enough and that I wouldn't be able to handle what was coming before me.

First Peter 5:8 says, "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."

Often when we are on a high, like I was, or in a low point is when we are vulnerable. Satan attacks our vulnerability. We must be watchful, at all times, because the devil will strike when we least expect it. He is waiting for the perfect moment to attack. He is ready to make us feel like we are no enough.

photo credit
My enemy was wrong! It is true that I cannot do it, but I serve an Almighty God that can! It is not me stepping into ministry and handling life by myself, no that would be impossible. It is me walking beside my Faithful God who will lead me through each day and make the big and small not only possible, but excellent.

When I have had days like this before, it has taken me hours, days, even weeks to come to this Truth. I has wallowed in insecurity before and it is miserable. I praise God that through my obedience to Him and my daily walk, He did not let me fall apart, but picked up the pieces and fused them to make me stronger. See on this day, it was in a quiet moment after I was completely overwhelmed that I called out to God and He touched my heart.

photo credit
Second Corinthians 12:9 says, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

It is not in my power that I will be okay, but in His power that is perfected in my weakness. This day I felt very weak, but by calling out to God, I was reassured. God is in control and everything was going to be beautiful.

It is my prayer that when you get overwhelmed, as we all tend to do sometimes, that you call out to God and let Him remind you that He is in control, He has great plans for you and most importantly that He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment