Wednesday, June 4, 2014

{McCusker Journal} May - Part 1

One of the reasons I blog is so family and friends can keep up with what our family is doing. After many different attempts to do this only through Facebook or on an independent blog, I have found that it just isn't enough and I can't keep up with it all. So I have set aside a section of "Tales from a Mother" for updates on our family. I call it "McCusker Journal." These are some of the more personal moments of our life, but it is these moments that reflect in everything else I write. 

This a recap of the past month. I didn't realize we did so much this month. So much for trying to update only once a month. I'm going to try to post weekly with some special additions for big adventures going forward so it isn't so much at one time. I love all of our adventures and I am glad that I have friends and family across the country to share them with.

Here is what we did in May...


At the very beginning of the month, Zoey and I went to see my parents. It is always wonderful to spend time with them. We sat at the Farmer's Market with them as they sold their wooden butterflies, and had fun at home playing, sewing and spending time together.


Stephen plays flag football with a recreational team from work. It is a treat when Zoey and I can go to the games to cheer him on. After the game, Stephen spent some special time tossing the football with Zoey - my heart was overflowing! I am so proud of the team...they won their division title this year!


We spent a special day at the beach with one of Zoey's best friends. We had fun playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean and soaking up the sun (with the appropriate amount of sunscreen on of course.)


Zoey has been involved with Awanas Cubbies with our church for the past year. The semester is wrapping up and they celebrated with an end of the year bash on the playground. They even celebrated summer birthdays, which included Zoey's in August. She loved learning about God and playing with her friends this year. She finished reciting all of the verses in her book and got the biggest award Cubbies offers. I am so proud of my little girl!


Zoey began T-ball with the YMCA this month. This is her first baseball practice. She was a little nervous at first, but ended up having a lot of fun. She loves her coaches and has already begun to make friends. She was so excited after the practice she wore the uniform she received to the store afterwards. 


One of the most exciting things this month was registering for Kindergarten! Zoey will be a dolphin when she begins in the fall! We got to meet the Kindergarten teachers and see the rooms, one of which she will be in next year. She is so excited. I loved school, I hope she has as much fun as I did!

Well, that is only Part 1, more will follow soon for the month of May. I'm so thankful I get to share my life with you and I hope you enjoy all of the opportunities for little adventures in your life too!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment