Monday, September 18, 2017

You Can Always Begin Again


It's been a couple years since I've blogged consistently. I have to admit, I really missed it.

I stopped for a myriad of reasons. The biggest one being our move from South Carolina to Seattle. It was a great change for us and we are still here in Washington and loving it. Nonetheless, a lot of things changed during that time including our daily routine and my perceptive on life.

Once I stopped blogging, I had a really hard time getting started again. Even though I really enjoyed the process, I wasn't sure what I wanted to say anymore. The majority of my subject matter changed greatly, and I couldn't really figure out where to go next or what I wanted to say anymore. I started to develop a different style of blog, but it never really got off the ground. I got so frustrated, I just stopped.

I realize now that I put way too much pressure on myself. For something that was supposed to be inspiring and enjoyable, it became stressful and draining. Still, I missed it.

It was time to regroup and focus on why I enjoy writing to begin with. At the end of the day words inspire me. I write to understand and make sense of what is happening around me. No wonder I've felt so our of sync the last year or so.

I decided it is not too late, I can begin again.

The more I think about what I love to do and what I want to say, I realize that all I really want is a conversation. I don't need the intensity of having it all planned out, I just want to be able freely express myself.

I really enjoy learning and studying new ideas. I like to explore my surroundings and try to understand a little bit more about myself, others and the world around me. I want to be able to share thoughts and ideas see where they take me.

I am currently writing a book, piecing together a memoir project with a friend's grandmother, practicing yoga, learning to cook with fresh and seasonal ingredients, continuously crafting and studying all kinds of random elements and still doing that whole wife and mother thing too. Life is busy and crazy all the time. writing in its own way helps me keep what little sanity I have left. It also helps to organize my thoughts and respond to those around me more confidently.

I'm not sure exactly where this new adventure is going to go, but I'm excited to get started.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda
    Congrats on your success with the blog. Life is indeed chaotic. I had a question about one of your older posts and was hoping I could get a minute of your time. If you have a second, do you mind trying me at virgilnci(@)gmail(dot)com ? Thanks for your time, V

    ReplyDelete