Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Award!



I won my first blogging award!!! That is so exciting. It's a relative little thing, but I enjoy when others read what I write and can relate, get ideas or a lot of the time, just laugh. I want to thank Brittany at Changing Diapers and Taking Names for this awesome award!

Thank You!


So Here is How It Works:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award by linking back to them in your post.
2. Tell us 7 things about yourself. (Becasue I know you're dying to know more :) )
3. Award 15 or 16 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news!


Seven Things about Me:

1. I love to bake! I do it just because. I don't really even eat a lot of sweets, but I find something very happy in mixing ingredients together and tasting the final product. My Sister-in-Law once told me that I was going to be a Betty Crocker Mom, I just laughed it off then (we weren't even thinking about kids yet), but now I would have to agree with her. Zoey really enjoys making a mess with me while we bake and I think Stephen not so secretly enjoys the words "Honey, there's brownies for dessert."

2. I want to be a photographer. I LOVE taking pictures and finding cool new ways to frame shots. I make scrapbooks too. I even enjoy going through all of the hundreds of pictures I take, editing them and getting them ready for projects (scrapbooking, framing, gifts etc.). I would love to start a business with photography and/or scrapbooking, but have no idea where to start or get business from, especially since it's such a personal thing. I don't have a DSLR yet, but I've used one and really enjoyed it. That is my dream investment, really good camera equipment.

3. I am a fan of snail mail. Writing letters is quickly becoming a lost art, but I really enjoy sending and receiving mail. I love to write letters and include pictures to send to family and friends. And I love getting letters, even if it's just to say hi. We get junk mail and bills all the time, but my face lights up when I see a letter with my name handwritten on it from a friend (including family).

4. I love to watch cartoons. Okay, not so much the kiddie cartoons, but ones like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Blue's Clues don't bother me (probably good since I watch them everyday.) But the Disney cartoon movies and most others of that genre I love. In fact, I already had quite the collection of animated movies before we even thought about having Zoey. Of course Zoey and her cousins, when they are down, love the large movie selection.

5. I am a writer and I graduated with a B.A. in English, but I can't spell at all. If it weren't for spell check I would be lost, you probably wouldn't even understand what I was trying to write. I can edit and tell you exactly where a semi-colon goes or where to put your prepositional phrase, but if you ask me to spell "psychologist" I am lost. (Yes, I did use spell check to get it right.)

6. I love to swim. I love the lake, the pool, the ocean and even the little kiddie pool in our backyard. Ever since I was a kid, I have been drawn to the water. I like to splash and kick and just have fun. All of your problems melt away when you float in the water. I'm thankful I can share that love of swimming with my family now.

7. Zoey reminds me how to have fun. To her everything is an adventure. We run around outside, pretend with baby dolls or blocks and spend lots of time just laughing (she loves the tickle monster.) Being responsible comes with the territory of being an adult, especially a parent, but that means that you need to stop and have fun that much more. I'm glad I have my daughter and husband (who is really just a big kid at heart) to remind me all the time.


I want to pass on this reward to some other awesome blogs...


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much. I just saw the title of your post on my blogroll & came over to congratulate you. :) I'm gonna have to do some thinking. Maybe over some Blue's Clues (we love it too). :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok link is fixed, sorry about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award!!! How can we go about starting our online prayer, encouragement group??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found you through Time 4 Mommy and am now following! I've been reading some of your posts, and you sound like a kindred spirit! I started a photography business out of pure love of photography, and I see that you want to as well! I also love Philippa Gregory -- The Other Boleyn Girl is one of my favorite books of all time! I'm a stay-at-home mom of a 4-year-old boy and a 17-month old girl, and I blog and network with other moms to stay sane!

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime... I write a humorous look at the joys, trials, and tribulations of all things motherhood at Misadventures in Motherhood. It's usually good for some laughs, and maybe even a snort or two! Hope you can stop by sometime! It's nice to meet you!

    You have a beautiful blog, by the way!
    Smiles, Jenn
    www.misadventuresinmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete