Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

This week has been interesting. I haven't felt 100% most of the week and have generally been very tired and unmotivated. However, there is still so much to be thankful for!

This week Zoey has grown up just a little bit more. She said her first full, completely understandable sentence. She said, "Where did the bubbles go?" I heard every syllable and I was so proud! She also peed on the potty for the very first time! We introduced potty training early, but I am still surprised and excited that she getting the concept. I know we still have a long way to go before she is potty trained, but she took one big step forward. I am amazed at how many new words she says. I know she understands even more than that. I am so grateful for my little girl, her health, her personality and how absolutely wonderful she is!

I am very thankful for my husband. I feel like I take him for granted sometimes that he is there and so awesome. I try to make him feel special, but there are so many things that he does for our family that I never want to take for granted. The biggest one is love us so much. Even when he is tired from working, he still comes home to us and plays with Zoey. Also, that he works. No matter how much you love your job some days it really is work. I am very thankful that he continues to work so hard outside the home because that is why I am able to work within the home. And I am so happy with how wonderful a dad he is to Zoey, she really is one lucky little girl. Stephen looks at her, and me too, like we are the most special people in the world. And I think we are because that is how I look at him.

I am grateful that even though I have been without a camera all week (which is why there are no pictures), I can live in the moment and the problem will be resolved quickly and fairly easily. Hopefully I'll get my battery either tomorrow or Monday and can have pictures for next week!

I am thankful for our big, comfy couch so that Zoey and I can cuddle and watch cartoons in the mornings.

I am thankful for my piano so that I can feel musically creative again.

I am  thankful for my nook because I just finished another book. Not the one I was reading, but the final one in the Nora Robert's Bridal Quartet series. (I'll post the review later, but I will say...amazing!)

I am thankful for coffee because I just love the taste of it. My favorite is to drink it while I'm writing, at night, by the sound of a storm. That is pretty much this minute and it is wonderful!

There is so much to be thankful for, big and small.

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful list of gratitude. I too, love coffee, and coffee+storm = wonderful.

    Thank you for sharing your list. I was blessed reading it. And thank you also for linking up.

    Rachel
    finding joy

    ReplyDelete