Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Life as Cinderella

I am very excited by how much Zoey loves the classic Disney movies. This week we watched Cinderella, twice. While we were watching it, I couldn't help thinking how much I related to Cinderella. I don't have an ugly step-sister or a wicked step-mother, but I do have chores, people to take after and a prince charming. There are also several of other subtle ways my life is like Cinderella's.


The movie begins when Cinderella wakes up and the bell chime tells her it's time to start the day. My morning doesn't start out with a pretty chime--it's more like a toddler beating on the door yelling "Mommy, Mommy." It still gets the point across, it's time to get up and start working.

Cinderella also sings the beautiful song, "A dream is a wish your heart makes..." I don't actually remember dreaming most of the time, but the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song gets stuck in my head really fast every morning. I even catch myself singing it in the shower. I just laugh at myself and try to remember another song, any other song.

Zoey ready to help around the house

My first priority in the morning is breakfast. Cinderella feeds the cat, dog, chickens, mice and her step-mother and step-sisters. I feed Zoey, the dog and then myself. Actually, I just realized something...does Cinderella even feed herself in the movie? I don't think so. 

I also feel like Gus (the mouse) quite often when he is trying to get one too many corn pieces. He gets the last one and then they all fall out. I feel like I juggle many things as one time. The most funny is when I'm at the store. I'm carrying Zoey and the groceries, finding the car keys and while I'm doing all this my pants are falling down. Woohoo for losing weight, but I'm waiting until the day that I show off my butt in the parking lot of Walmart. My checks are getting red just thinking about how real that possibility is.


Veggies from our garden
See, chores do pay off!

The most obvious likeness to Cinderella is the chores. There's the sweeping, the laundry, wash the dishes, scrub the carpet, and don't forget the garden. She really is one of the best homemakers in Disney. I often think that she would still cook and maintain some things even at the castle. I don't love chores, but they really do make you feel worthwhile.

I realize I'm skipping a ton of the movie, like the whole plot, but the last thing that makes my life like Cinderella is Prince Charming. Thankfully, he gets to come home to me every night. Even though there are constantly challenges, I feel like I am living my happily ever after.

My Prince Charming even serenades me!

This is my favorite song from the movie, it makes me want to start dancing:

So This Is Love...

So this is love, Mmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, Mmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love


Check out my new blog hop, Fairy Tale Theater, where you link up your own fairy tale life!

Tales From A Mother: Fairy Tale Theater

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am giving you a follow back thanks for stopping by the zoo today. Fairy tale theater sounds like a really cute hop and i'm going to have to think up something to post. Love the picture of your little Zoey ready to help around the house what a cutie pie.
    Amber @living at the Whtiehead's Zoo

    ReplyDelete