Wednesday, September 26, 2018

{Wordless-ish Wednesday} First Day of School


Okay, so technically, we started school three weeks ago. I'm just now getting around to posting this. This year we are homeschooling for the very first time. We want to share that journey and the resources we find with others, so we are launching our new Homeschool Blog: Tales from a Homeschooling Mother. I've been writing on this blog off and on for about 10 years now. I began it when Zoey was born and now she is nine...where does the time go? "Tales from a Mother" has a whole new purpose, to record our homeschooling journey. Zoey is in the 4th grade and excited about school starting for the first time in several years. We are grateful to be able to homeschool and want to share the experience.

Now it's time for some Wordless-ish Wednesday Fun!


Link up with the direct link to your post(s) containing photos, crafts and adventures. I love to read through and be inspired by all of the fantastic happenings of the week. Be sure to visit other's posts and share some comment love! Happy Wednesday!

   
   


12 comments:

  1. I always wanted to home school ever since I read the book Auntie Mame...but never did once I got around to having them.
    Just never felt I was smart enough to go through with it.

    I am looking forward to hearing your adventures :)

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look up that book. I never thought I would homeschool, but we are finding we love it. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week :)

      Delete
  2. Amanda,

    I'm a retired home-school mom of three; K-12. The last of our clan graduated from our home school in 2012. Our kids couldn't fully appreciate home-schooling like those who leave public school to learn at home. I on the other hand loved every moment of it even when I got a bit too stressed. It happens trust me it happens. I say hooray for you guys and I hope Zoey loves learning at home. That really rocks!

    The nest is now empty (2013). Letting go was the hardest first step even after the last kiddo flew the coop but it's a necessary one for everyone's happiness. Thanks for dropping by yesterday and linking up. Have a funtastic homeschool year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, Zoey is appreciating learning at home after being in the public school system. I didn't think I would homeschool, but we are loving it so far. Thanks for the encouragement, I am so thankful that we are able to give her this experience. And I'm learning all kinds of things too! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. Hope you have an amazing week!

      Delete
  3. Very nice. I hope that your kids have a wonderful school year with you. I am a teacher but I guess I am lucky because I can (almost) teach what I want for my students and make it interesting for them. I see why kids are homeschooled.

    Thanks for hosting and I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful ability as a teacher! Thank you, we are looking forward to our first homeschooling year. Have a great week!

      Delete