Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Guard Your Heart

Proverbs 4:23 -- "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

photo credit
One of the things I have focused on in particular as I walk closer with God is my attitude and to always harbor positive thoughts. I've grown an incredible amount in this area thanks to the Lord's guidance. However, I am still in need of reminding and applying these practices.

I have guarded my heart carefully for quite a while concerning negative thoughts, but just a few days ago I allowed several situations that were out of my control get the better of me and negative thoughts began breeding.

Even when we are careful we must continue to guard our hearts because before you know it, you return to your old, destructive ways. When you find this happening  like I did, you turn to God and repent. Accept God's forgiveness and remove the thoughts from your heart. Of course, this is extremely more difficult than I could ever describe, but that is why you ask God to help you because with Him you will succeed.

It is important to guard your heart because what we believe becomes how we think; how we think becomes how we speak; and how we speak controls our lives.

Dear Lord,
Help me guard my heart so that you can flow from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment