Friday, May 3, 2013

Let God Lead

Proverbs 16:9 -- "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."

photo credit
It is important to look to and plan the future, but don't get stuck there or assume it is going to be exactly the way you imagine.

When I was in college I wanted to be a journalist. I had the degree, I did the internship and I was an editor for the school paper. I was sure my life was set. However God had other plans for me, and He established my steps well.

After I graduated I could not get a job in the industry -- I was heartbroken. I remember one night during one of my lows hearing God speak to me in the Spirit. He told me that I needed to be patient, and "I have greater plans for you." It made me confused and comforted at the same time. I never became a true journalist, but I did get a job and met some really great people -- ones that helped me learn the power of loving each other just for being who you are. Soon after that we had Zoey and God put on my heart to focus on being a mother. Looking back on it all I realize all I really wanted was a family and God was leading me to my true desire all along.

It is good to make plans and prepare for the future, but sometimes God has a better plan for you. If you obey His calling and let Him determine your steps you will know the best God has for you.

Dear Lord,
Help me to listen and obey Your calling.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to read personal account of God's influence in your life. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete