Thursday, May 9, 2013

Children are Gifts from God

Psalm 127:3-- "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."

photo credit
I remember the day my daughter was born. I cannot describe the joy in my heart. My child really was a gift from God.

Now I'm going to be honest, three and a half years later, I can confidently say that no one will drive me more crazy than my little girl. Probably because she is so much like me. But even on the bad days -- because lets face it parents there are always bad days -- there is joy in my heart because no matter what, she is still a beautiful gift from God.

She can make me more frustrated than I've ever known, but more importantly she can make me laugh and smile in moments I wouldn't think possible. She finds the extraordinary in unexpected places and understands  more than I can imagine. I am so proud of her and all that she is. But isn't that our duty as parents, to show her the way of the Lord and then let her walk it.

Our children are not burdens. They are brilliant, inquisitive, limit-testing, creative wonderful gifts from God. They are looking to us, their earthly parents, for love and guidance.

Dear Lord,
Please be with me and guide me as I teach my child in your ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment