Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

Life is so much sweeter when we stop and appreciate the little things in life. I try to make a point to stop and smell the flowers so to speak (or if were Zoey, stop and sniff the flowers), but I have a tendency to get caught up in the next appointment, the next meal, or the next item to check off the list. I'm one of the worst about not focusing on what I'm working on because my mind is already on something else. Instead of always looking forward to the next thing, it is important to appreciate what you have now and what you are doing now.

In an attempt to set aside a constant time to appreciate the little things in life, I have joined forces with a friend of mine who has challenged herself to write down what she is thankful for each Friday. You can check Brittany out at Changing Diaper and Taking Names. She found the idea from another blogger who began the idea of Weekly Gratitude. The idea is simple: take a minute each Friday and think about, possibly write down things that you are grateful for in your life. By focusing on the positive our lives are automatically improved. The power of positive thinking (and speaking) is amazing and can turn your whole world around, in a positive way of course.

So here are a few things I am thankful for:


My husband who takes really good care of Zoey and I and loves us on our good days and on our not so great days.


My daughter who is the best little girl I could have ever asked for.


Flowers because they just make me smile (especially a bright blue one when Zoey is trying to sniff, I mean smell it.)


Blocks because they are fun to play with even though I'm grown and they build Zoey's character, mind and creativity. 


Technology because Zoey and I are able to talk to Granny and Pops (my parents) on Skype even though we live 8 hours apart. Zoey enjoys singing and counting with them and I know they just love seeing her grow up.

So that barely touches on all the things I'm thankful for because I am so grateful for all kinds of things big and small. Mostly, I just love my life and all the people I share it with. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! She is so precious :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blanket pic is the best goofy pic you have ever taken of Zoey (to date) lol!

    ReplyDelete