Friday, July 29, 2011

Everything Happens For a Reason

Tonight I am working on my scrapbook, as I often do. But my next page is of my miscarriage. Yes, I am scrapbooking my miscarriage. It is a sad time, but I don't want to forget it. Everything happens for a reason and life is filled with purpose. And I have no regrets.

My scrapbooking endeavor has spiraled into a God lead soul searching rollercoaster ride. This journey is not an emotional one, but one of understanding and purpose.

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet of the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Yes, God was speaking directly to Jeremiah in these versus, but He has two very important universal points.

1. "I knew you BEFORE I formed you in your mother's womb." This is universal. God knew us before we were conceived  before we were born and before we understood ourselves.
2. "Appointed" God appoints all of his children. Even before we are born we have talents. We may know them right away or spend our entire life finding them, but God knows what they are because He appointed them to us.

I truly believe there is a purpose to my miscarriage. If there wasn't I would not have gotten pregnant to begin with. I have a message to share. I have a shoulder to cry on. I have an Almighty God who cares for me even before I realize I need it. God prepared me for this miscarriage before I even knew I was pregnant. I am amazed at this. Our God is and AWESOME God!

Even though I was only pregnant with this child for 10 short weeks, he/she is still a child of God and I love him/her just as God does.

To my unborn child...

My Darling Baby,
I am sorry I never met you. However, God has bigger plans for both of us. I was never able to hold you in my arms, but I will never forget you.
I Love You!
Mommy

I want to share a few versus that gave me strength through my struggles...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look at him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:4-5

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and wills strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Find the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

God Bless!

Previously Written on the subject:
My Miscarriage
Overcoming the Curse

4 comments:

  1. Your post brought tears to my eyes; your unfailing faith in our amazing God shone right through your paragraphs and the Bible verses you shared.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great blog, I'm a new follower!

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's love is amazing! Through the struggles and happy times i'm thankful He loves us through it all. Now following...come by and say hello :)
    {tara} from Undeserving Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish someone would quit cutting onions here at work ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete