Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Never Got the Hang of Thursdays...

I first want to say that if you've never read "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams, you should. That is what the title quote is from.

Secondly, I will say that this is mostly a rambling post, so beware.

This week has been long. It already feels like Friday. I think I'm just so excited about seeing our family next week for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!

I haven't been blogging very much. I sort of miss it actually. I've been writing on my novel for November writing month and I haven't been doing a whole lot else. I haven't been scrapbooking, keeping up with my pictures well or most of my other hobbies. I am finding success in the writing challenge though because I have written at least around 800 words everyday, most days much more than that. I'm really enjoying getting lost in my story and even found inspiration to lay foundation to another one. Who knows, maybe I will become a novelist after all. So far I have managed to write almost 25,000 words, which means I am almost halfway to my goal of 50,000. My concern is that with Thanksgiving coming up I won't have even as much time to write as I do now. I suppose I'll just have to buckle down a couple days to get the average up.

The only other thing I have made time for myself apart from my family is to read. I am reading Twilight: Breaking Dawn...again. Yeah, yeah, I know. It is so my guilty pleasure though. And the movie, part 1, is coming out in theaters this Friday and I can't wait to go. I started reading because of that and I just couldn't stop. I thought I would get the first half of the book read before seeing the movie this Friday and it turns out I am already almost finished with the entire thing.

Zoey is growing so much. She can now count to twelve, but a lot of times after ten she will say "liftoff!" She is talking very clearly and has so many words and phrases now. It is fun to talk with her now. Today, she used her stool to get a piece of candy (which we allow in moderation) and strolled into the living room. I asked where mine was, and you know what. She had two in her hand and immediately handed me one. I was impressed. She constantly surprises me with how much she understands and is able to do for herself.

One morning this week I asked her what she wanted for breakfast. She said eggs. She pointed them out even though they were in a different place. I set two aside for her and she cracked them in a bowl, scrambled them with a fork and then poured them into a pan. I was right beside her the entire time. She even scraped them in the pan some. I finished up the cooking part while she gathered her cup and got a plate for me. She ate both the eggs and enjoyed her special breakfast.

So that's probably enough rambling for now. I'm still here and even though I still have lots to talk about I'm focusing on my writing not blogging right now. Even this post is a good 600 words that aren't going to my story. So I will bid you farewell. But have a great day! And I will be back in full sometime soon.

NaNoWriMo Update:
Nov 15: 886
Nov 16: 1488
Total: 24,634

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like she's growing up. I love that she says, "Lift Off" after 10!

    My youngest, Isaak learned to count from 10 to 1 before counting the correct way because his brother Mica pretended to be a rocket all the time.

    ReplyDelete