Tuesday, September 8, 2009

3 weeks old!


Zoey is three weeks old today. It's amazing how fast time flies. It feels like it has been years and merely moments at the same time.

I'm feeling a lot better. I don't hurt anymore. As far as I can tell my stitches have healed. I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still tired a lot, but that is understandable. The only thing that is bothering me now is my flabby baby weight. I was never subconscious about my weight when I was pregnant, but now it's driving me crazy. I'm hesitant to much exercise until I go for my postpartum check up in a few weeks, but I think I might have to start something moderate and least go back to walking.

Zoey is doing great. She already has a lot of head control. She can sit up with support for at least two minutes before her head droops. She loves to look around and will already follow objects with her eyes. She will already put weight on both her legs if she is standing. She will grasps objects when placed in her hand, even if only for a minute or so for now. I'm so proud of our baby girl!

She is very wide-eyed and alert when she is awake. She is so much fun to play with. We talk about things and read books. She's gotten to meet lots of people. Our family have all return to their own lives, but now our friends are starting to visit. She has been really good every time we have taken her out. Even when she isn't sleeping she is quiet and looks around taking it all in.

She actually sleeps pretty good. She will sleep through the night (aka. 4-6 hours straight usually from about midnight to five - give or take) about 30% of the time. I always feel rested on those nights, but I still try to take a nap because I have a hard time going on only 4-6 hours of sleep. I think it is more getting used to a different routine at this point. Stephen and I both have a hard time making new habits when it comes to sleeping. He has been having a hard time going to sleep and I just wake up really hard. It is a lot to get used to, but we have lots of time and in theory her sleeping will get better too.

So three weeks down and forever to go. I look forward to the forever part. She is such a joy to have. There are difficult times like the sleep lost, not being able to get chores done, not being able to leave the house and worrying she will get hurt, but it is worth it and she is so wonderful.

AGM
9.08.09

No comments:

Post a Comment