Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Exasperating Cold

I have never liked being sick, but with a newborn it is multiplied by ten. Unexpectedly yesterday my throat started aching. It quickly became really sore so all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and do nothing. Unfortunately, Zoey doesn't want Mommy to stay still that long. Something else to get used to with a baby. I just hope whatever I have she doesn't get.

Throughout the day my cold went from aching in my throat to a moderate headache and then to my nose where I couldn't stop sneezing. I'm so thankful that Stephen helped with Zoey since she didn't want to go to sleep again. She finally went to sleep about 1:30am, so I hear. I was able to get some sleep and actually felt a lot better when I got up this morning. (Zoey slept until 6am.) I'm really hoping that it's just a 24 hour bug since it went through my system so fast. My throat hurts this morning, but it hasn't quite been 24 hours yet.

Being sick is definitely more difficult with a kid. All I want to do is lay down and sleep, but she wants to play, eat and be held. It's another one of those things you never realize until you are a parent. I always hear about the kids being sick, but the parent being sick is pretty bad too. Thankfully, I still have Stephen home so he's been a huge help.

AGM
9.09.09

No comments:

Post a Comment