Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Turning Page

So I am a twilight fan...yes I'm one of those, get over it. I don't know why I'm drawn to this story the way I am, but it is magical. Though I don't particularly like my vampires to sparkle and I still want to knock some sense into pretty much all the characters the majority of the book. Nothing's perfect right. Anyway...The Twilight Saga is a good story. Especially that it all wraps up into a pretty little bow of happiness.

It is all about love--finding it, keeping it and cherishing it. The newest Breaking Dawn movie has won my heart and so has the soundtrack. I love all the songs and they will probably all pop up here eventually, but right now I'm stuck on this one.

"Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last is a soft, love song. The song itself, without any association to the movie, makes my heart swell with love. It really is the perfect song for marriage, about belonging to someone else. I have lots of good things to say about marriage. Even with all of my enthusiasm about marriage, it doesn't mean it is easy. It takes surrendering yourself to become so much more. I am still my own person, but I am stronger in many ways with my husband next to me.

My favorite phrase is "Though we’re tethered to the story we must tell, When I saw you, well, I knew we’d tell it well. With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas. Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees."

Here is a video (granted it is of Twilight: Breaking Dawn) of the song and the lyrics. 


Turning Page
by Sleeping at Last

I’ve waited a hundred years.
But I’d wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do.

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch,
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush,
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough,
I would have known what I was living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Your love is my turning page,
Where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line,
Every touch is a redefining phrase.

I surrender who I’ve been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,
Well, I would have known what I’ve been living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Though we’re tethered to the story we must tell,
When I saw you, well, I knew we’d tell it well.
With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas.
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment