Monday, June 4, 2012

The Lucky One


By Nicholas Sparks

Whenever I go to read a Nicholas Sparks book my first (and usually only) question to anyone who has read it is "Am I going to cry?" I ask this because in many of Spark's novels the main character dies in the end often in a tragic way. Since, I now want fun books with happy endings, it breaks my heart when this happens.

However, Sparks has such a rich and inviting writing style that even with these reoccurring tragic endings, I can't help but fall in love with any and all of his books. The characters come alive and the love stories are magical, yet real at time.

"The Lucky One" is no different. It is a beautiful story with strong, animated characters. Logan Thibault is one of my favorite characters in literature. He is Veteran of the U.S. Marines and a quiet, confident man who is looking for his destiny. He finds it in Elizabeth, a single mom living in her hometown of Hampton, NC. Their story is beautiful and a delight to read.

Once I started "The Lucky One" I did not want to put it down. The story is compelling and sweet. Sparks is at his best when writing this novel. And to answer the question of whether I cried...I did not. At least, there were no sad tears. But it is a story that stays with you, in a good way.

I give "The Lucky One" five out of five stars. I love this novel and if you are a fan of Sparks' work or love stories in general then this is a novel for you.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that book so very much! Still haven't seen the movie. Maybe this week? Hope things are going great for you

    ReplyDelete