Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Be Still - Psalms 46:10

Psalms 46:10 -- "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

photo credit
I don't know about you, but I even have trouble sitting down with my coffee in the morning without filling my head with nonsense, lists and ultimately stress. I make a point to do my bible study every morning, and I try really hard to focus on it, contemplate, write down my thoughts and connections, but then I check it off my list. And I'm on to the next task for the day.

Even though it is time set aside for God, I am not still and if I'm honest, I don't always give him time to speak or move in me. Maybe some days, but definitely not everyday.

I believe being able to be still, walk in the confidence of God's Word and enjoy the peace that only God can provide comes when we can stop thinking about our lists and ourselves long enough to really communicate with our Almighty Creator.

It is not easy, we live in a world that has conditioned us to always be on the go. However, God is above the world and through him we can live in joy. We can be still and know that God is in control of everything and can do anything. He will guard and guide us through all of our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment