Monday, February 17, 2014

A Light For My Path - Psalms 119:105

Psalms 119:105 -- "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."

photo credit
This past week our power went out for over 24 hours. This felt like a long time until others we knew went on three days without power. Having no lights or heat can be a scary feeling. It feels isolating, cold and lonely, even if you are among others. It was a moment of unpredictability and stress for me.

During the blackout, I reached for my bible and found this verse. "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path" (Psalms 119:105). After being surrounded by darkness and chaos most of last week, I realized how much I needed the light.

When the darkness came, I reached out for God and His Word was my lamp. Even as I was reading it by candlelight, the Bible helped me remember that God is in control of everything - even this small town wrecked by ice.

God has a plan. Even though some of the moments are hard for us to understand and hard to get through, it does not make God's plan any less perfect. Through the mess comes a message, God's message comes through us in the little moments. God will guide you on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment