Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Encourage Each Other - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

1 Thessalonians 5:11 -- "So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing."

photo credit
When I went through my miscarriages, I had a hard time even looking at babies or other women, let alone talk about all that was on my heart. As a writer, going through my emotions in a journal and then on my blog helped me begin to express the pain I felt.

After a while I began to talk with others who had been through similar experiences. I remember many emotional encounters. But it was good to get all my thoughts, emotions and heart aches out on the table. I really did help me begin to heal.

Now, I no longer hesitate to share my story and talk about that time because I see the healing occurring in others.

God knows our heart and He doesn't want our pain to sit in our hearts and fester. He wants to help us heal. Allowing others to encourage us is a first step. Before you know it, you may be the one encouraging others.

I share about my miscarriages, but the subject can be anything. It could be a subject from the past, death, abuse, even addiction. It could be fears of the future. I could be anything, whatever keeps you up at night.

Ask God to give you a trusted person to encourage you and be open to be an encouragement to others. We are all connected, let's join together and bring healing and comfort to each other. Let us love each other for who we are now, no matter how broken and encourage each other to grow into the full potential of who Christ made us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment