Thursday, January 8, 2015

Enjoy the Little Moments!

Today was a really great day. It's one of those days where I simply stopped to enjoy the little things in life. I was able to get up and go to work, get my hair cut, and go to lunch with my amazing husband at a really wonderful sushi restaurant in downtown Seattle. It was a fulfilling day where I can't help but smile throughout it. I enjoy days like this...days of contentment.

A before and after of my hair cut.

I don't really like going to get my hair cut. In fact, I often leave disappointed. However, this time, the  hairstylist really seemed to grasp what my hair needed. After explaining what I wanted, she went right to work. I wanted it to be a little sorter, but only by a few inches and lighter. She cut it to the perfect length and then put long layers in it so they were noticeable. It made my hair so much lighter, which I love. She also gave me long, swooping bangs that end where my layers begin, I love how it frames my face. I even like the part on the side, though it will take some time to get used to that. It is a small thing to get my hair done, but it makes me feel confident. I like that.

#SeattleSunset

To top off the day we had another amazing sunset over the Puget Sound. This is what I saw while I waited for Zoey to get off the bus. It is like our own little piece of heaven.

Our view of the Olympic Mountains

The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Enjoy the little things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment