Thursday, March 3, 2011

Traditional Family

I was reading a magazine today that had an article entitled, "Who wants to be normal anyway?" Basically, it was about celebrating all the different types of families (single moms, grandparents raising...) The article had a statistic that said "Only 17 percent of households in 2010 qualified as "traditional" anyway (employed male husband, female homemaker, children)*."

I realized we were one of those 17%. My husband works, I stay at home, and well, Zoey is a kid. But I've never really thought about being traditional before. I am happy, my family is happy and healthy, that is all that matters to me.

I love being a stay-at-home mom. I wouldn't trade it for anything. We didn't set out to be a traditional family, but it works for us. No matter what kind of family you have or how crazy it is, as long as there is love in your house, you are doing all right in my eyes!

*The article was in Parenting: The Early Years, March 2011 on page 12, written by Ana Connery.

No comments:

Post a Comment