Sunday, October 13, 2013

Let the Seeds Be Planted - Matthew 10:19-20

Matthew 10:19-20 -- "When you are arrested, don’t worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking—it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."
photo credit
We live in a fast paced world and I don't always feel like I can keep up. Information is always at our fingertips and it passes by in a flash. Do you ever feel bombarded by information, but that you never really process it? Maybe not, but that's how I often feel -- one step behind.

I often say I have a bad memory, and comparatively I do. I have trouble recalling exact phrases of anything and memorizing scripture is a chore for me. I've let this be an excuse for a long time. I still memorize, but it takes a long time to truly process recallable information.

Since it takes me time to process these things, I get frustrated when lots of new, interesting and challenging ideas come at me. There are some many ways to get nuggets of Godly wisdom now -- Facebook, email, Instagram, twitter, Pinterest, even bible studies that I can pull up every morning right on my phone. I try so hard, to the point of becoming stressed, to allow time for all of these thoughts, ideas and brilliant moment of Godly wisdom to sink in. However, at the end of the day, I often can't recall one piece of information or wisdom to think about. And I get frustrated.

photo credit
I've tried many things like turning off some of the sources, but then I feel empty, like I missed something important. I've tried writing them all down or saving them, however, I just waste time and resources that I need to use elsewhere. I felt lost. I was having trouble finding the answer.

Then it dawned on me. "I" don't have the answer. God!?! Why is this frustrating me so? I stopped, stood still, and cried out. Almost immediately, God pressed on this on my heart:

"Why are you trying to hold on to each piece of information? These are seeds that I am planting in you. When you need it I will give it back to you."

Oh.

You see, these were good pieces of knowledge that I can use in wisdom. But God knows how my mind works, of course He does, He made  me. And I was stressing out for nothing. God already had a plan, I just had to stop long enough for him to let me in on the process.

And it works too. Several times, though I don't remember when or where I read something, when I needed it, it would be there. Every time I've double checked it, the information was spot on. Including details, that I would never remember on my own.

photo credit
Maybe I'm the only one with this problem. Then I thank you for taking time to read this, that greatly encourages me. Maybe you can compare it to another situation where you need to rely on God to plant the seeds and then reap them later. But maybe, someone else has trouble sorting and cataloging all of the information we are give everyday.

I no longer feel like I should read a bible study because I'll forget it by the end of the day. Now I let it wash over me, after writing down what it presses on my heart or important quotations. But I try no to stress anymore, God is still working in me. But I know His plan for me -- to plant seeds and let them work in me and grow in my heart. When I need them, God provides the blossoms for me. I trust that He will always give me the words to say.
 Tales From A Mother - Daily Devotionals 

No comments:

Post a Comment