Thursday, December 26, 2013

Jesus Feels Your Hurt - Matthew 14:14

Matthew 14:14 -- “Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.”

photo credit
Jesus performed many miracles during his ministry. Some were to prove his identity as the Son of God and some were to teach important truths. But, Matthew 14:14 is an example where Jesus performed miracles because he felt compassion for the people.

Compassion is to feel the hurt of another person, just as they are feeling it. Compassion goes beyond sympathy and empathy to an intimate place where your suffering IS my suffering -- it is the deepest form of loving and caring.

When we are hurting Jesus hurts too. He loved his people as a man walking the earth and he loves us all now as the Son of God in Heaven. When we suffer, Jesus suffers too. He has compassion for you -- he wants to save you.

Dear Lord,
You know how I am hurting -- for you are hurting with me. I seek your strength, comfort and love as I go through each day.

*************
Thank you so much for all your support with "Tales from a Mother." In the fall of last year, God put on my heart to begin Daily Devotions on my blog. I have been so blessed to be able to write and share the Gospel. I have tried to remain obedient in this endeavor and God has taught me and shown me many ways that He is working in the world and given me further purpose to reach out to others and share the Good News of the Lord. I pray for you and I hope that you have a wonderful year in 2014.

For the last week of the year, I am going to visit a few of my favorite devotions that I have written throughout the year. This one was first published on January 23, 2013.
 Tales From A Mother - Daily Devotionals

No comments:

Post a Comment