Tuesday, December 10, 2013

God Provided Inconveniences - Romans 8:28

Romans 8:28 -- "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

photo credit
This is a busy season that seems to include a lot of hurry up and wait. We get the house in order to wait for guests to arrive. We bu presents and wait to open them. We wait in line at the store and we wait in traffic to get to the store. We are always in a hurry, but it seems we always have to wait.

I used to get really upset when a car pulled out in front of me and started going really slow. I would yell at the driver, arguing with someone who couldn't even hear that I was mad to begin with. All it would do was get me frustrated, on edge and in an ill mood -- right where the enemy likes me to be.

One day this happened and I began my usual response. However, only a few hundred feet ahead in the direction I was going a car ran a red light. Thankfully, the car in front of me saw it and slowed before going through the light, so there was no accident that day.

photo credit
In that moment, I was convicted. God pressed upon me that if I had been allowed to go on in my hurry to get to wherever it was I was going, if He did not send this car (going way to slow for my taste), I would have been in the middle of the intersection as the car ran the red light and I would have been hit.

After all of my complaining and frustration, God was still looking out for me. My perspective changed that day. I continue to remind myself whenever a slow car pulls out in front of me, or I get stuck at a long light, or whatever inconvenience halts my hurried attitude that God is watching out for me. Sometimes those small inconveniences that we get so frustrated over are actually God's way of protecting us from something much worse.

Often when we get in a hurry, we lose perspective. Waiting is not always very fun, but God is in control, always guarding and guiding you. It is important to remember that, especially in this season of escalated moments of hurry up and wait. Thank God for the inconveniences that protect us, for the love He showers on us and for always walking with us no matter where we go.


 Tales From A Mother - Daily Devotionals 

No comments:

Post a Comment