Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Faves: Vacation Edition

We have been gone on vacation for the last almost two weeks. When I look back over the last week to focus on things I am thankful for, they are all from vacation. I am still planning on doing a recap of some of the details of the trip. However, it is important to stop and enjoy and be thankful for the little things.

I am thankful for...


How wonderful a traveler Zoey is.
We went all the way up and back down the east coast and Zoey was a trooper the whole way. She had fun, kept herself and us entertained and made the whole trip a little easier.


Finally getting to see the Liberty Bell.
I had always wanted to see it and Philadelphia and I was finally able to along with some awesome friends.


Zoey's delightful ability to instantly make friends.
Though she has met most of the people we saw this past week, she was too young to remember. So she made new friends easily and love it. She especially enjoyed our friend's little boy who is just a little younger than her.


My silly, awesome family.
No matter where we are or what we are doing, we always have fun. I love them so much and it was wonderful spending so much time together.


S'mores!
I love s'mores and roasting marshmallows, but it is even more exciting when you get to share the experience with five kids. 


Two generations of play.
Stephen grew up in New England where we visited. It was a special treat to have the next generation, Zoey and her cousins, to play in the same place Stephen and his brother did. I know it meant a lot to them to be able to bring the kids to this memorable place. 


Maine
I had always wanted to go to Maine and two years ago I finally did. We went back this year and let me tell you, at least the part I visited, was everything I dreamed it would be and more. We were able to visit more family and camp in a tent. It was warm in the day and cool at night. I already miss Maine.


Three Generations
This is a very special picture to my family. We do not all get together very often, especially with Zoey's grandpa. Anytime we can get three generations together like this is definitely something to be thankful for.

Home
I loved being on vacation and seeing all of our friends and family. But I was also very glad to be home, we all were. There is nothing like spending time away to fully appreciate what a blessing your own life is. I needed the new perspective of our everyday life and I am very thankful for the wonderful friends and life we have right here at home.



friday favorite things | finding joy

No comments:

Post a Comment