Friday, August 3, 2012

There is Always Time for Thankfulness

This week has been rough, really rough for me. Part of it is my miscarriage and part of it is the inability to get all the things done I needed to catch up on from vacation. However, I am a strong believer in positive thinking. I am glad I carve out this slot in my week to be thankful of the little things, and the big, no matter how my week has gone. This week I need this time even more. Because no matter how much pain or emotional anxiety I face, I am always thankful. I may be struggling right now, but this will pass as all trials do.


I want to thank God for my life, my family, and my many supportive friends. Through times of turmoil, people  are often supplied to help carry us through. It has helped a great deal being able to talk things through with those who love me. I has been great to be able to post about it on this site. Writing is my way of processing, I've said that many times and it is true especially in hard circumstances like this. I am very glad that we let everyone know about my miscarriage, not so my friends can be sad, but because they lift me up just by saying "I'm sorry" or "I love you" or "I'm here if you need anything." The world is a better place when surrounded by love.

I want to thank Stephen and Zoey in particular. They have been lights in an otherwise dark time for me. Stephen is so patient and supportive, I don't know what I would do without him. I know he feels helpless during this time, but I am so thankful that he is here. I continuously draw from his strength as I always have. The beauty of our relationship is our ability to life each other up and be just what the other needs.


Zoey. My beautiful little girl. I see her everyday and I am thankful that she is here with us. After 3 miscarriages, I now see Zoey as the miracle. She has brought such a light into our world, I cannot even explain. All of this is just a little easier to take with her here.

I am also thankful for Zoey's remarkable ability of empathy. We have noticed lately that she cares a great deal about how others are feeling. She points out when people are happy, sad and scared, but she also feels that with them. It amazes me how much she understands and she is still so young. Thankfully, this has been to my advantage this week. Zoey has taken note that Mommy doesn't feel very well so she has not pushed me as hard, thankfully. She even sang me a song to cheer me up one day. I love her so much!


Another aspect of Zoey that I am very thankful for is her love for creativity and playing games. This has helped out a great deal this week when I haven't felt like moving, at all if possible. We will sit at the table for a couple hours drawing, coloring and creating with all of our craft supplies. I have found that Zoey, in particular, loves to draw and create new things herself. I admire this trait because it is something that I am unable to do well. I love recreating things, making old things new, or designing displays from items we already have (my scrapbooking is a good example of this.) But I have different talents than my mother, so I hope Zoey has and enjoys different talents than me.

I am thankful that I have a million hobbies so I will never be bored. I am thankful that my husband knows how to cook (sometimes better than me) so we won't go hungry this week. I am thankful that Zoey can make me laugh. I am thankful when Stephen kisses my head letting all the love his shares for me pass through me and comfort me. I am thankful we have a very comfy couch, I've been on it a lot this week. I am thankful for coffee and being able to really drink it again. I am thankful for God who keep watch over all of us. I am thankful for love. I am thankful for life.

photo credit
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment