Monday, November 25, 2013

Always Be Thankful - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 -- “16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”

photo credit
Jesus wants us to be joyful. Isn't that amazing! Christ came to earth, sacrificed His life to save us so that we could have joy. That blows my mind. Christ cared enough for me that He wants me to cast out my doubt, my worry, my fear, my stress and all of my concerns and be joyful.

But it doesn't stop there. He doesn't expect us to just cast those cares aside. No! He tells us to cast them onto Him!

Matthew 11:28 -- “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”

That is why we can never stop praying! We must stay in communication with the One who will take all of our burdens and replace them with peace. Our lives are not always (or ever) easy, but Christ will give us strength to overcome any obstacle this world can throw at Him.

Be thankful in all circumstances because no matter what the enemy or our imperfect human nature, none of it is stronger or more powerful that God’s will for us. We have a Father who is ready to have our back in an circumstance. We belong to Christ Jesus and He will guard us and guide us through the best and worst of times.

Never stop praying because the Lord Jesus Christ will transform all of your burdens into joy and give you a peace that only He can offer. That is something beautiful to be thankful for!

View more in the "With Thankful Hearts" Series

No comments:

Post a Comment