Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Give God Your Worries - Psalm 139:23

Psalm 139:23 -- "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts"

photo credit
I have trouble with anxiety. I have for a while, even before I knew that was how to define it. I worry a lot, about my daughter, my husband, my family, my friends, getting everything done, finances, health...shall I continue?

Most of these are valid concerns, and normal. However, when we worry and become anxious we put our focus on our circumstances and away from God. It is while we are looking at what could go wrong or what is going wrong that we lost track of the one who is stronger than anything we could possibly face.

We can give all of our worries and anxieties to God. Not only is He strong enough to take care of what we worry about, He is also strong enough to take care of us. With God on our side, we can live in faith and peace knowing God has it all under control.

Sometimes we give our worries to God, but then we hold onto them anyway. King David asked God to search his heart and test him so he could be sure he gave his anxious thoughts over to God.

When you harbor anxiety, you will find yourself distant from God. However, when you give your worry to God, you will find yourself closer to Him than you've ever been before.
 Tales From A Mother - Daily Devotionals 

No comments:

Post a Comment