Friday, November 22, 2013

Praise God For All He Has Given You - Deuteronomy 8:10

Deuteronomy 8:10 -- “When you have eaten your fill, be sure to praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you.”

photo credit
We often do not realize how good we really have it. I worry about whether we will have money to go on vacation or fix the car if it breaks. I worry about whether to send my daughter to public school or homeschool her. I worry about what to wear to church on Sunday or if what I said in Sunday school was helpful anyone.

However, some do not have enough money to feed their family the next meal. Some people don’t have cars and vacations are only a dream. Some people can not offer their children education because it is not even provided where they live. Some people do not have clothes to change into because what is on their back is all they own. Some people will go to jail if they try to go to church or praise God in public. There are many people who do not have the freedom to speak or the resources to do most of what we take for granted.

Considering these differences really brings human struggle into perspective. I can’t decide whether to finish the food on my plate while others are having to sacrifice clothing to put food in their stomachs. I sit in my nice house with food stocked in the pantry and a selection of clothes to wear the next day and I worry. Now I’m wondering, about what?

If we are sick, we go to the doctor. If we are lacking food, we go to the grocery store. If we are lacking anything, we just go get it. Even if tragedy were to happen, which is what I really worry about, I know that God is in control and that my family and I are saved and will spend eternity together with God. What about those who don’t know Christ?

God blesses each of us in unique ways because we are all made special in His eyes. No matter what you have, how much or how little, praise God. The fact that you are alive and breathing here on earth means that He can use you to fulfill His mission to reach out to all of His children in the world. Praise God for all of the good He has given you!

View more in the "With Thankful Hearts" Series

No comments:

Post a Comment