Monday, November 11, 2013

Where is God in Your Day? - Psalm 119:147

Psalm 119:147 -- "I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in your words."

photo credit
So...I'm not a morning person. I rarely ever wake up before the sun. However, I understand the importance of starting the morning off right, whenever the morning starts for you. I try to spend some time in God's Word every morning with a cup of coffee. And I can tell a difference in my day if I do not get this quiet time with God.

God made every person unique and we each have a different way that we connect with God on a daily basis. It doesn't matter how you connect with the Lord, only that you do. I cry out to God in the morning and in the evening as well. For me, it is a time of prayer where I thank Him for all He has done and I ask for help in whatever is coming up.

I try to read at least a couple scriptures everyday. I have a wonderful app, YouVersion, on my phone that has a daily scripture and an option for devotionals and Bible read-through plans. If I don't read anything else, I try to at least read the daily scripture. It is important to read and understand God's Word because He can speak to you through it. I put hope in His Word. By knowing God and His promises for me, I can go through life with faith that God will stand on His Word and provide life and life abundantly (John 10:10).

So the question is - where is God in your day? Do you meet Him in the morning, in the evening or anytime throughout the day? Do you cry out to Him for help? Do you put your hope in His words?

With God all things are possible (Philippians 4:13). When you reach out to Him throughout your day, every day, He will answer. He provides His strength to guide you and His love to protect you.
 Tales From A Mother - Daily Devotionals 

No comments:

Post a Comment