Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Don't Underestimate God

Jeremiah 32:27 -- "I am the Lord, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?"

photo credit
I believe that we often underestimate God. We focus on all that we can't do and our limitation and forget that with God, all things are possible (Philippians 4:13).

God created the world we live in, he knows all the ins and outs of it. He knows the nature of people and is aware of the evil in the world. Nothing is going to surprise Him or overwhelm God.

However, it often surprises and overwhelms me, that is when I turn it over to God. I know I can't handle it and to be honest, the evil in this world frightens me. But I put my trust in God to guide and guard me -- nothing is too hard for God.

Don't underestimate God. He has a plan for you -- if you are willing to walk with Him, you will begin to see that plan unfold and take shape. There are many things you and I are unable to accomplish alone, but with God, it is all possible.

So do whatever has been on your mind and heart to do that you were afraid to do. It might be sharing the Word, inviting people to church or other activities, getting involved, even getting less involved to refocus, get motivated or stand still in the presence of the Lord. We are all unique individuals in different seasons of life. With that comes different challenges and goals. God will put on your heart what you should step out in faith to accomplish -- with God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment