Friday, June 7, 2013

Keep God's Word in Your Heart

Psalms 119:11 -- "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

photo credit
Reading the Bible, God's Word, is an essential first step to having a strong relationship with Him. Just like we read an instruction manual to understand how a product works, we read the Bible to understand how God works. The Bible is like God's little instruction book on life and His own character.

God provides everything we need in the pages of His Word. He provides commandments, promises and even a glimpse into His own consciousness.

By reading, understanding and applying God's Word we can live a righteous life. By knowing God's word and keeping it in your heart, we gain wisdom and discernment to chose the right ways to go that will give God glory and then we will not sin against Him.

Dear Lord,
I am not perfect, buy you are and I have faith that by knowing your Word and keeping it in my heart you will lead me the right way and that I will not sin against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment