Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Plant a Seed - James 3:18

James 3:18 -- "And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness."

photo credit
As you grow in faith and Christian maturity, it is common to begin to lead others to Christ. This is possible and encouraged at all stages of Christian development, beginning with the very first moment you accept Christ. However, my calling to lead did not come until I was older and began to teach my daughter God's ways. Then I found a desire to teach and encourage all -- especially to give confidence to the youth.

I soon realized that even as a leader, I can only plant a seed. Christ must water that seed with others who love on them. Because only God can change hearts, we can only be examples, beacons and teachers.

But there is hope because where we plant seeds of peace there will grow a harvest of righteousness. There is never a small act wasted because God uses all to advance his kingdom and better his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment