Sunday, February 24, 2013

Habakkuk (Bible in 90 Days)

photo credit
I have always believed that every soul has a direct link to God, if we can only open our hearts to hear God’s replies. Habakkuk is an example of just that.

Habakkuk was a man who saw a dying world that broke his heart. He sought answers and turned to God with his questions and complaints.

photo credit
“How long, O Lord, must I call for help? But you do not listen! “Violence is everywhere!” I cry, “But you do not come to save. Must I forever see these evil deeds” Why must I watch all this misery? Wherever I look, I see destruction and violence. I am surrounded by people who love to argue and fight.” Habakkuk 1:2-3

And the Lord answered him!
“The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it.” Habakkuk 1:5

photo credit
It is important to remember, as Habakkuk reminds us, that God is in control and has a plan even if to us the world seems in utter despair and evil triumphs ever we look. 

“I have heard all about you, Lord. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy.” Habakkuk 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment