Saturday, February 2, 2013

To Enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Matthew 7:21 -- “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.”

photo credit
There is a big difference between talking the talk and walking the walk. Jesus rebukes the people who “sound” religious but have no personal relationship with Him. On Judgment Day only a personal relationship with Him -- our acceptance that He is Lord and Savior -- will truly save us.

When we are in a personal relationship with Christ and have His Word in our heart our good deeds flourish -- not to better our relationship with God, but because of it. When we follow God’s will and align our lives with Christ as our guide, we are assured salvation, eternity in the Kingdom of Heaven.

It is very easy to think “I am a good person, surely I will go to heaven.” However, doing good deeds and “acting” Christian is not enough. Jesus wants a personal, intimate relationship with us and only by knowing Him in this way will we be saved.

Dear Lord,
I seek a close, personal relationship with You. Help me do more than talk to talk, help me to walk the walk with You and align my life with Your will. Through knowing you I will enter Your Kingdom in Heaven and I am excited to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment