Wednesday, February 13, 2013

You Just Have To Ask

James 1:5 -- “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.”
photo credit
Are you someone who dislikes asking for help? I know I have my not so shining moments in this area. However, sometimes we really need help and the only one holding you back is you.

James tells us to ask God and He will give to you. He is speaking of wisdom -- this is not only knowledge, but knowing the right way to go and actually going that way, this is the discretion to choose wisely in difficult circumstances. You do not have to stumble or feel confused -- God will show you the way, if only you will ask Him.

I believe the second part of James 1:5 is very important, “He will not rebuke you for asking.” Sometimes our fear in asking for help is that we will be scolded or laughed at in our concerns. This is not true when it comes to talking with God. He knows our hearts -- better than we do -- and all He asks is that we trust Him and show humility in asking so that He may help us. If we are too stubborn to ask for help then we will be too stubborn to receive help as well.

It doesn't matter how silly or shallow or insignificant we feel our request is, God finds it important and is ready and willing to help us as soon as we direct our attention away from our circumstance and onto Him.

Dear Lord,
Open my eyes and my heart so that I will not fear asking you for help and guidance. I ask that you ready my heart to receive your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment