Sunday, February 3, 2013

We All Suffer

Matthew 14:14 -- “Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.”

photo credit
One of Jesus’ greatest commandments for us is to love one another (John 13:34-35). Sometimes that commandment is easier to obey than others.

We are all suffering in some way. We are all human, all subject to sin, so there is no way around the fact that we all suffer. In Matthew 14:14, Jesus looked out over the crowd and healed them because he had compassion on them.

Instead of scoffing at someone who is rude in the grocery line or show a cold shoulder to a friend who is short with us, let us show compassion on them, just as Jesus did. Everyone is hurting in some way, I challenge you (and myself) to have compassion on all you meet.

Dear Lord,
You show the greatest love and the most compassion, let that flow through me so that I may show love and compassion to all I meet, that they may see a glimpse of you through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment