Thursday, February 7, 2013

Perfection, That is the Question

Matthew 5:48 -- “But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.”

photo credit
As humans, we can not be perfect. We know that and God knows that. However, Jesus proclaims, “You are to be perfect.” So where does that leave us?

Just where God wants us!

By striving for Christ’s perfection, we keep our eyes on Him. We may not be perfect, but if our eyes, hearts and minds are set to seek perfection, then we have the Kingdom attitude. If we are always striving to be better, learn more, do more and constantly come closer to God, then we are righteous in the eyes of God.

Not only are we forgiven, not only are we saved, but God can call on us, flaws and all, to complete his missions on earth.

I am not perfect, but my God is and through Him miracles beyond my wildest imagination are possible and happen all the time to ones who believe.

Dear Lord,
I am not perfect, but I strive to be. I seek to better your Kingdom! Call on me to reach out to and be a light for this world. Lord, I am not perfect, but You are and with You nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment