Thursday, April 4, 2013

Change is in You

Luke 17:21 -- "You won’t be able to say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God is already among you."

photo credit
We all want life to be better. We all want to be happier. We all want change. We are all seeking joy.

I was raised to believe in heaven. It is this distant place up in the clouds where Jesus lives in His kingdom. One day, when I die I will join him there. That has always been my definition of heaven. However, Jesus has something else to say about His kingdom -- "it is already among you."

We need to stop looking for God's kingdom up in the clouds and stop expecting to say "there it is." God's kingdom is not something we find, it finds us. It is an experience God shares with us. Even if we can't change our placement in a situation, we can change our attitude. Perspective means everything.  

By knowing that God is in control and that he wants the best for me, my perspective shifts from victim to victor in an instant. I am a child of God and He has victory over the world. I will not be a victim of my circumstance because I can call on the power of God to live in victory while still living on earth. This is not something we have to wait for, it is already among us, His victory is already in our grasp.

Dear Lord,
You have everything under control. Help me stop trying to change anything but myself. I claim victory in Jesus and I will live for you now while living in your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment