Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Doubt

Mark 11:23 -- "I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart."

photo credit
Jesus calls us to have faith. Faith is your confidence and trust in God. It means you believe He is what He says He is and does what He says He will do. It is putting your life in His hands trusting that He will care for you. We can do great things with great faith. When we take ourselves out of the focus, God can work through us making impossible things possible.

This great faith does not work if we have hesitation. God can accomplish nothing through us if we harbor doubt.

We cannot be a "but" believer. We cannot say that God is supreme, but I'm not sure if He can cure this cancer. We cannot say I believe God can work miracles of healing, but He cannot help me stop yelling at my children.

When we add a "but" to God we are no longer trusting in Him. Instead we are restricting Him. He does not work under restrictions. If God can work miraculously in one area of your life, He can do the same in every area. If you don't believe it will happen, wholeheartedly, then it doesn't happen. It is as simple as that.

Dear Lord,
Help me overcome my unbelief.

1 comment: