Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 12: The Thing We All Have in Common -- Imperfection

I am not perfect, but I am loved.

No one is perfect.

Sometimes it is easy to forget that. We see someone else with a clean house and we wish ours could be like that. We see someone else successful in a field we strive in and we want to be like them. We see someone else who is thin and we are envious. These are just a few of the infinite ways we judge ourselves compared to others.

I strongly believe that you should not judge yourself against others. The only ones you have to answer to at the end of the day are God and yourself. If you are happy and are living a life that pleases God, then you are blessed.

My house will never look like a Martha Stewart magazine, but it is filled with love and happiness. I may never become the award winning journalist that I wanted before, but I am a mother, a wife and a writer and I wouldn't trade those roles for anything else. I am not as thin as I want to be, but I am working hard to keep my body strong and healthy is more important than size.

I do not have everything figured out, but I trust God to keep me, my husband to love me, my daughter to learn from me and myself to keep going everyday. Everything else are just the details and they will fall into place.


*Note: The challenge is associated with Joyful Mothering from the book 31 Days to Clean by Sarah Mae.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It is so true, and something that I have struggled with accepting for the majority of my life. Everyone is different and everyone has different measurements of success and happiness. So we can't really compare ourselves to others. As Oprah says "Be your best self" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture too by the way, she's too precious!

    ReplyDelete