Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

I believe it is important to take the time to really appreciate all the little things God has blessed us with.

This week I am especially grateful for...

...Our garden. It is really starting to bloom! Yesterday, I had a salad with fresh grown lettuce. It was delicious! I also got to eat the very first ripe-red tomato, yum!

...Laughter. It really does make the world a better place.

...a curious daughter. I was unpacking some of my old games that I got from my parents' house. Zoey loved checking out the games. She especially liked Othello and Boggle. When she opened Boggle, she looked at all the letters and started naming them (they were all either "e," "a" or "o.") Then she put each dice in the board. I love how interested and curious she is.

...Boxes. Because let's face it, a big box really is the best toy because it can become anything!

...Kitties. Zoey loves our kitties. I think she missed them about as much as they missed her/us. Zoey and Creampuff were playing on the picnic table. It was really cute when Creampuff had leaves on her back and Zoey was insistent to get them all off. I think they really are best friends.

...Chalk. Because it is the easiest thing to get off the wall. You can't really see it well in the picture, but the wall is covered with yellow and blue marks of chalk. And it comes right out with a warm washcloth.

...My bed. We've been gone for a week and a half to FL and then to NC seeing both mine and Stephen's family. I didn't sleep in my bed for 10 days. I was very glad so see my bed again. This week I've had the best sleep in months.

...Blue's Clues. Because Zoey loves it. I let Zoey chose what she wants to watch when we watch movies and right now her favorite is Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Musical. She got it for Easter and I think it was a good choice. No matter what is going on or how bad she feels, you put on "Blue" and the whole world is better.

I hope you have had a great week! What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment