Friday, March 22, 2013

Brothers and Sisters in Christ

Matthew 12:50 -- "Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!”

photo credit
We are not meant to be alone. God said as much in Genesis 2:18: "Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

We have our family tied by blood that we are born into. But we also have our family tied by Christ. When we declare that Jesus is our Lord and Savior we are adopted into a whole new family. A family that Jesus is the head of and will stand up for us to say that we are His. Just like we adopt children into our blood family through the courts, Jesus signed for us by shedding His blood on the cross.

We are not meant to be alone. We are not meant to do God's work alone. He gives us an entire community, a family full of brothers and sisters, to encourage us, challenge us, and to hold us accountable. Everyone has special gifts and talents and when we work together as God intended miraculous things happen.

Dear Lord,
Thank you so much that I am not alone. I have You, who is always looking out for me, and you have given me a family through Christ Your Son who I can lift up and be lifted up by. Thank you for my brothers and sisters in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment