Sunday, March 17, 2013

Zechariah (Bible in 90 Days)

photo credit
Five hundred years before Jesus was born the prophets spoke of him. The Messiah was referenced in detail by many prophets, but Zechariah gives us the most conclusive view of the promised deliverer. Zechariah gives a message of hope to the people in Jerusalem. He tells of the first coming of Christ, but also delivers a message of the end of times when Christ returns for his people.

“Therefore, say to the people, “This is what the Lord Of Heaven’s armies says: Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of Heaven’s armies.” Zechariah 1:3

photo credit
“The Lord says, “shout and rejoice, o beautiful Jerusalem, for I am coming to live among you. Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day, and they, too, will be my people. I will live among you, and you will know that the Lord of Heaven’s armies sent me to you.” Zechariah 2:10-11

“Rejoice, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey—riding on a donkey’s colt.” Zechariah 9:9

No comments:

Post a Comment